Repro Blade-Dated M3 Alert

SKIPH

Just found this Repro blade-dated M3 on ebay. Ebay item# 185579204023, w/ starting bid of $250. With a no return policy.  New collectors don't get fooled, study up.  Also note the sellers business handle. I do not know the seller, or have ever dealt with him.  If someone could post the ad, we would all appreciate it.  THX !  SKIP

Well I'm old enough to be very familiar with that imported copy of the M3.  I'm more impressed, (all though I don't think that's the correct expression), with the doctoring of a recently made copy of the M8A1 sheath.  Went to a lot of trouble with the webbing.  Painting it was no big deal.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am seeing more and more suspicious M3 s on Ebay. As the prices on these knives increases, forgery becomes more profitable. I bought a Boker, one of the rarer varieties that looks like it was assembled from parts only recently. It is guard marked but the font does not look right to my eye.

Seriously, it is ridiculous the number and examples of not only forgeries but also ones that aren’t even remotely to be confused with an actual M3. This forum and some of the members have been invaluable in “keeping an eye out” for this BS.