M-56 20rd Pouches

A2vento88

I was curious what the value on these 20rd pouches is. I picked these up today. I know they are harder to find then the 30rd's.

IMG_8510.jpg

I was curious what the value on these 20rd pouches is. I picked these up today. I know they are harder to find then the 30rd's.

IMG_8510.jpg

You will get between $20-60 each

They are very uncommon

MattD is right. $20-$60 is around what they sell for.

Those M1956 20rd M16A1 magazine pouches are rare because they were only made for around 6 months in late 1967 and early 1968.

Something I've noticed about these is that they're always in good condition, in fact the one pictured above on the left is the only used one I've seen.

I have three of them, all with the same contract markings, and all unissued. The thing is, none of these type of unissued ammo cases that I've handled will fit 20rd M16 mags. I'd like to see the contract info on all the new 20rd M16 ammo cases out there to see if they are from the same lot, and if they won't close on 20rd mags either.

A2vento88, can you tell me if four mags will fit in either pouch?

I have a theory on these, and need some help. I think a lot was made to incorrect dimensions and rejected, that's why we see so many in unissued condition. I don't think this is from shrinking, as the four mags fit in the case, but the top won't close.

Mine say,

CASE,SMALL ARMS,

AMMUNITION, M16A1 RIFLE

8465-935-4871

DSA 100-68-C-1194

Very nice pouches, let me know if you want to sell or trade the mint one to me.

Thanks.

I was wondering how before Jason offered to buy them

They aren't always mint. In fact, most of the ones I have seen are used to the point of no return.

Andrew

Hotlead,

I just tried the two I have with the same contract number as yours and you're right, the fit was way to tight. I did get the flaps closed but only after alot of effort.

Tim

Mercenary25

I bet hollywood has warehouse of this pouches. I believe it's more common to see 20 rounds pouches in hollywood more than in actual field.

Everyone had 'em in "We Were Soldiers"...........three years before they came out................ think.gif

Yeah, and the guys in "Platoon" had em a year before they were out.

Hotlead,

I just tried the two I have with the same contract number as yours and you're right, the fit was way to tight. I did get the flaps closed but only after alot of effort.

Tim

that could be why the shorter pouches are not as common, I bet the soldiers didnt like them because the magazines fit too tight and the flaps dont close easily. The shorter pouches look nice and compact but they were actually too small and not as functional as the univeral sized pouch.

not very useful in a fire fight when you need to get your magazines quickly

thats probably why you mostly see the universal sized pouches used in Vietnam wartime photos.