Need more info on M3/M7 Shoulder Holsters

Gordy

Hey Folks, I have been looking for any details I can find on the manufacturers, makes, and models of the M3 and M7 holsters. I have seen references in Mr Flicks write up which simply ended with "More on the M3/M7 tyes coming in the future. I collect and have trouble differentiating the specific makers of the models 7791527 and 7142700. I have seen no M3 1911 styles marked 7142700. but have seen M3 style for 38 revolvers with 7142700 make. All the marked M7's I've seen are the 7791527 model. I recently came across a couple Bolen made M3's 1911 style marked 7791527. Bottom line, does anyone have a detailed guide as the what makers made what models? I know early on Boyt and Enger-Cress marked only with date if anything at all. Any/all insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks kwill, I'll look into this book. btw, I found Charlie Flick had input on a fairly recent posting withing this general topic and asked under that post if he would chime in here. I have found his write ups to be very informative. More to follow I hope!