AR 600-45, Change 13, 4 November 1947

swag

Does anyone have a copy of this particular Army Regulation? I'm trying to find the authority that allowed for the awarding of the Bronze Star medal to WW2 recipients of the Combat Infantryman Badge or Combat Medic Badge. My hunt turned up a copy of the "Veterans Journal" their Fall 2009 issue that mentions this AR as the authority for the award.

Any help for me down in this rabbit hole is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

• 5 months later...
2nd Generation-MIS

Kevin, in the event you are still looking -- I trust this will help -- the most recent Army Regulation (AR) 600-8-22, 5 March 2019; pages 59-60 - Chapter 3-16. Bronze Star Medal, subparagraph g(3).  Take care and stay safe ~ Jeff

MMcollector
On 9/6/2022 at 6:44 PM, swag said:

Does anyone have a copy of this particular Army Regulation? I'm trying to find the authority that allowed for the awarding of the Bronze Star medal to WW2 recipients of the Combat Infantryman Badge or Combat Medic Badge. My hunt turned up a copy of the "Veterans Journal" their Fall 2009 issue that mentions this AR as the authority for the award.

Any help for me down in this rabbit hole is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Change 12 to AR 600-45, 10 Sep 1947 made provisions for the award of the Bronze Star Medal to WW2 recipients of the Combat Infantry and Medical Badges. It says, "Those individuals who, as members of the armed forces of the United States were cited by name on or after 7 December 1941 and prior to 3 September 1945, in orders or in a formal certificate, for meritorious or exemplary conduct in ground combat against the armed enemy, may make application to The Adjutant General, Washington 25, D.C., for award of the Bronze Star Medal on the basis of such citation. A citation in orders for the Combat Infantry Badge or Medical Badge awarded in the field during the period pf actual combat against the armed enemy is considered as a citation for exemplary conduct in ground combat." Not the words "by application." And, nothing about converting the CIB or CMB to a BSM.