776thamtrac my Grandfather

776thamtrac

776thamtrac

Here are a few pics of items in my collection that were my grandfathers. The first the case I made with his ribbons etc. Second a cut out photo mounted on wood that my grandmother had made during the war. Thirdly his company photo just before shipping over, and last his discharge with a sweetheart pin of him, and his pre war cavalry spurs. FYI he was drafted in March of '41. Sent to Fort Riley where he served with the 2nd Cavalry (horse) until they were reorganized as armored them Armored Amphibian. He served overseas with Company D 776th Amphibian Tank Battalion at Anguar, Peleliu, Leyte and Okinawa. One of the always overlooked US Army units to serve in the Pacific. Enjoy guys...

post-755-1174615138.jpg

post-755-1174615151.jpg

post-755-1174615159.jpg

post-755-1174615167.jpg

776thamtrac

Thanks Jim. Yeah his items are of course my favorites in all of the collection. I'll get pics of his other items posted soon. He had some great stuff I have to admit...

Awesome grouping. Its always nice to have priceless family artifacts in the collection. thumbsup.gif

jeremiahcable

Great job showing off and preserving your family's history! I wish more people would take the time to do so. My wife and I are currently in the process of building a shadow box of insignia and such for her grandfather whom was an AAC radio operator stationed with the OSS in Burma. Needless to say we've had a hard time getting much from NARA on him due to his posting. Thanks for sharing with us!

Jeremiah

P.S....nice collection of USMC books!

776thamtrac

Wow sounds like you guys have a great project on your hands as well! Thank you for the compliment on the books. Any worthwhile officer of Marines needs to keep himself well read as far as I am concerned. Well as far as the Corps is concerned also for that matter!

CJW

Great job showing off and preserving your family's history! I wish more people would take the time to do so. My wife and I are currently in the process of building a shadow box of insignia and such for her grandfather whom was an AAC radio operator stationed with the OSS in Burma. Needless to say we've had a hard time getting much from NARA on him due to his posting. Thanks for sharing with us!

Jeremiah

P.S....nice collection of USMC books!