ww2 usmc ribbon bars and badges?

ww2marine

I recently picked up a nice ww2 6th div. usmc service uniform named to a corporal W.G Miller. Everything looked great and as it should be, but I thought the ribbon bars and badges were odd. First off the ribbon bars are army 3/8 size. Second, there is an american defense ribbon with a a star in it. The uniform has a ruptured duck hd patch which i would imagine suggests discharge around 45-46, but there are no hash marks to indicate 4+ years of service. I also thought it strange that there would be a qualification badge with no qualification bars. The pistol sharpshooter badge has a different patina and no makers mark on back. In my opinion these ribbon bars and badges were collector add-ons to give the uniform a "completed" look but I know there are alot of oddities out there. Any help from you experts out there would be greatly appreciated.

post-5600-1235855970.jpg

post-5600-1235855980.jpg

I'm wondering if our Marine replaced his other ribbons after the war. That GCM looks postwar, almost Korean era, to me. If that's an "S-21" on it, it's Susco/Harry Sugarman, BTW.

It's strange but not impossible.