Can someone I.D. This? Red Cross & Eagle with Shield

navyman

4 hours ago, navyman said:

Can someone i.d. this patch? Though it may be one of the odd ball sea services related.  It's old.

image.png.ee8f9b171d19f3c718326a16f9af59ea.png

While, obviously US, I don’t think it’s Navy. 

3 minutes ago, sigsaye said:

While, obviously US, I don’t think it’s Navy. 

I would agree, don't think it would be army either they use the snakes and staff insignia. 

2 hours ago, navyman said:

I would agree, don't think it would be army either they use the snakes and staff insignia. 

The Red Cross is typical of the style used by the Navy, pre 1948. But the eagle is not “Navy”. So, any guess?

2 hours ago, Wharfmaster said:

Eagle with shield-Coast Guard ?

No, the style of the eagle is wrong. And, where are the chevrons?  Doesn’t look like it had any or was designed to have any. It’s something else. 

I looked thru my Call to Duty women's reference book to see if it might be one of the women's groups but no luck. I would be interested to see if you figure this one out.

...Kat

8 hours ago, sigsaye said:

No, the style of the eagle is wrong. And, where are the chevrons?  Doesn’t look like it had any or was designed to have any. It’s something else. 

Warrant Officer.   US Army Transport Service ?

W

On 9/3/2022 at 8:59 AM, Wharfmaster said:

Warrant Officer.   US Army Transport Service ?

W

Warrant officers would wear pin on insignia, Officer style insignia. I’m thinking this is some civilian thing. Either for some sort of volunteer organization or costume: kids coat thing. 

I am wondering if this is ww1 era red cross or field ambulance or something in that field. I don't even know if we have that stuff on this site

3 hours ago, navyman said:

I am wondering if this is ww1 era red cross or field ambulance or something in that field. I don't even know if we have that stuff on this site

That would be a good guess. Some sort of civilian auxiliary unit/organization 

• 3 months later...

The eagle looks like a US Army Colonel rank device. But I doubt it has anything to do with that.   It just feels civilian.