11th Air Refueling patch

42ndbombers

Does anyone know if there was a difference in the patch used by the squadron when they were stationed at Dover to when they were stationed at Altus? Any help would be appreciated.

OK, I do not collect tankers, so this is just a WAG. All the Altus ones seem to have a blue border, even the old ones. After digging thru my trade bag I came across the older one in the middle here that could very easily be early 60s. The other two are 80s to early 90s computer made. I has no blue border and appears to have been made that way. It also is not at 90 degrees on the right side as most are. So possibly this could be Dover or even Abilene TX era. Again, just a thought...

Randy

11.jpg

Thank you very much. Your knowledge is impressive. I doubt I would have anything in my collection you would be interested in trading for.  Are you going to the show in York, Pa? I plan on being there that Friday.

No, I can't get away these days! I just became the regional manager for about 1.7 million people so I'm really time challenged lately. Drop me a line in the PMs and I'll send you my email. It's not doing me any good so we can see if we can make something work.

Randy