Mint WW2 Helmet and liner NOS.

The Rooster

Its firestone over scratched out inland logos. Description says firestone acquired the inland molds.

Is this def a NOS WW2 helmet or what? Can anyone tell?

Any tell tale signs?

The seller has excellent feed back.

Just wondering if anyone can confirm it?

From the pictures it looks ok. However, the price seems absurd. The $1200 opening bid seems like too much even with it being NOS.

As for the inland/Firestone stamping, Firestone acquired inlands moulds after they stopped liner production during WWII. Firestone simply retooled the moulds to have their logo rather than inlands but didn't go through the effort to completely remove the inland logo, hence the double stamping. They're somewhat common, I think I might have one somewhere in the collection

I’ve had i don’t know how many liners over past decades and never found one.

Found many Westinghouse turned into Capacs.

dhcoleterracina

I don't know.

Having said that, this was made over 75 years ago and presumably stored in perfect conditions to look like it was just manufactured.  Would the leather strap look like this? No age? No verdigris? No drying out? 

The leather strap does have some chinks in it here and there, etc but yea I see no green.

Its does seem a bit much $$$.

No history to it just NOS, and they were around $1.98 in 1945.

USMC_COLLECTOR

Lookin at this just goes to show the quality with some companys at repro like jmurray! My repro sweatband and that both look identical! Defintenly not saying this has anything repro just an observation when I saw the sweatband

Burning Hazard

This is pretty much how M1's came out of the crate; even the leather liner chinstrap is correctly tucked into the shoestring tie and not removed/adjusted by collectors as seen with some sets.

Very nice set that very likely never left the States. However, the $1200 is a bit high in my opinion.

Pat

All looks good to me D. Like to see the liner strap a little closer (dark photos) but I have a couple of these unissued sets. No egg crate wrapping paper though. I agree $1200 a tad high but nice NOS stuff

Z

It looks ok too me as well....

As for the price ? I've seen these sell for $4-$600.00 on a good day. That being said, with the inflation today a dollar is about .28 cents and falling... go figure. Its worth what someone will pay. My two cents worth. Its all about what makes you happy. 

It all looks legit to me as well, and the dimpled paper included with the shell is also original, I have them like that out of the crate over the years.

IMO a swivel-loop pot isn't worth that kind of dough, even if it's stone-mint.  Having said that,  A FS FB Schlueter in that condition would bring huge money.

I agree that this set is legit and also that the price is on the high side.  If the shell was an early fixed bail and the liner was at least an Inland with unpainted A washers with a double wire sweatband and a green coated steel straight edge clasp liner chinstrap, then the $1200 asking price would be close but still would be a bit too high.

CG