Between Oceanside and Twentynine Palms?

First let me say...yes I am aware of Vintage Productions

Second, I have an upcoming work trip that requires me to spend a few days at Pendleton, then drive up to the Stumps over the weekend for another week. Just kind of wondering if there is anything good to check out on the drive...militaria and antique shops, sure...but general landmarks, must-stop places to eat, etc.. I've never done the drive before and know it's only about 3-3.5 hours

I have a whole weekend to make the two day trip, but will likely do it all day Sunday since the hotels are only paid for at the places of duty

Dirt Detective

The Palm Springs Air Museum is cool and then if you have time the Patton Museum at Chiriaco summit off the 10 fwy. 

Sunday morning is the Oceanside flea market.

You could visit with Bob Hudson, he lives in that area.

The Estate Sale Warehouse is on the 101 in Oceanside, I loved shopping there.

Lucky Street antiques is across the street from ESW.

There are surplus stores on the 101 as well.

Several years ago there was a place in Carlsbad that dealt in military but when I was there it was full of repros and probably went out of business.

Carlsbad also has a bunch of antique stores.

Have fun.

That's great info, thanks! I live around 20 minutes north of Oceanside and have driven past the Estate Sale Warehouse many times and never noticed it. I'll have to pop in there the next time I'm cruising down the 101. 

Estate Sale Warehouse turns up new items every week and sometimes every day.

They price things to move.

They also have an afternoon auction as they unpack smalls.

One of the most unbelievable WW2 POW finds posted here on the forum came out of ESW.

The girls who run the place are charming polite friendly and fun to be around.

When I lived in Oceanside I went there almost every day.

Persian Gulf Command

Oh Great< I was in Oceanside for a Week in April and apart from enjoying the area greatly, never though that I was so near so much potential!

I like to hit up the Sunset Market Thursday nights for a bite to eat when I'm there...hit the surplus shops last time, same as every military town...lots of crap an modern gear that was probably lifted from the bed of some LCpl's pickup truck at Walmart

Persian Gulf Command

Yep, I did the same on Thursday back in April. Food was great! Also went to one Surplus place and had the same reaction, not so good!

LMAO Brig... probably happens more than you think ...

I saw a guy today going into the local Goodwill store with a new Yeti Cooler in the back of his truck. I thought the same thing. Boy your crazy...

Those surplus places are an everyday visit if you ever expect to find something.

I once found a modern helmet from 3rd Marine Division Reconnaissance but I must be honest, that was it, found nothing else.

vintageproductions
32 minutes ago, Brig said:

I like to hit up the Sunset Market Thursday nights for a bite to eat when I'm there...hit the surplus shops last time, same as every military town...lots of crap an modern gear that was probably lifted from the bed of some LCpl's pickup truck at Walmart

But last time you got to go to the Happiest Place On Earth or in other words Vintage Productions

42 minutes ago, 268th C.A. said:

LMAO Brig... probably happens more than you think ...

I doubt it, because I think it happens quite a lot, after watching Marines magically lose gear for 18 years

26 minutes ago, vintageproductions said:

But last time you got to go to the Happiest Place On Earth or in other words Vintage Productions

My favorite California bar... don't think you're off the list this trip if you're around