Unique Helmet Art From the Pacific Theater

james127

One thing that has always fascinated me is the artistic expression that emerges out of war. This video shows some artifacts from the Pacific Theater of WWII with some pretty unique artwork.

Thanks for posting that and bringing it to attention. I had seen the episode on ETO war trophies but this PTO trophy episode!

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

Thanks for posting that and bringing it to attention. I had seen the episode on ETO war trophies but this PTO trophy episode!

Got a whole bunch of Pacific content running right now. Took me long enough. :)

I'll have to check out the PTO content. I don't usually seek out the PTO stuff because there just isn't as much there. My dad was in the Pacific with the 32nd Infantry Division so I take special interest in that theatre. I'm fascinated by the ETO content also but I always feel the PTO service men and women went through a special kind of hell.

Thanks for posting this! I will have to watch them. My grandfather was in the pacific so I have more of an interest in that than in the eastern front. I feel like often times the eastern front gets most of the coverage and most media attention so I am glad to see this.