Bataan-Corregidor Ribbon bars. Any others?

johnny12550

Hi, I bought these when I was 17 years old back in 1989. Military collecting was my hobby since I was like 8 or 9 years old. Anyway, I bought them at a yard  sale in Queens and I remember the lady telling me they were her dads and that he was a prisoner at Bataan. No other military stuff was around , so I bought it and left. Being a dumb 17 year old I never asked what was his name, rank, what he did in the Navy, anything more in the house, etc…. I wish I would have dug deeper to find more info. I bet she would have found some more.  Does anyone out there have anything attributed to Bataan or Corregidor? 

8037D39C-948E-4C5F-9748-B3E81A618C34.jpeg

E3FA5444-8F2E-40E9-899D-7FFD1083411A.jpeg

I know...I have many items from back then we had no sense to ask a name, I have an M1 helmet, A pair of para trooper boots, straight from the vets.  Here's a couple items I got when I was about 16. Guys were coming back from Viet Nam and were throwing away stuff. No name $3 I'm sure for it all.... if that. I remember him saying he didn't want it any more it was all bad memories,  All theater made. Blood stains on the scarf...I'm sure he did have some bad memories. I have no clue where he is today or who he was. My brother bough home a Marine that was wounded in Vietnam for Thanksgiving diner with us .He was still in Portsmouth Naval hospital. He wore his uniform with his Purple Heart ribbon.  I thought he was a hero. I think I was 10 at the time. Lance Cpl. Pillsbury from Texas. When He left our house fat and happy he gave me that ribbon bar. I still have it. Tall skinny Marine. He was ten feet tall in my mind. 

Great memories for me as a kid.  

IMG_4595.JPG

IMG_4596.JPG

IMG_4597.JPG

IMG_4598.JPG

IMG_4599.JPG

• 4 months later...