M9 vs M9A1 Bazooka, Differences

dnewsom89

A recent acquisition has made me curious, and I have started researching but can’t seem to locate the exact answer I’m after. Does anyone have a TM on the M9/M9A1 bazooka, or know the TM number/version that predates the 1946 version of TM-9-294, that would explain the physical differences in the two? I’m a visual learner and would love to see photos. The 1946 version is all I’ve been able to locate and it doesn’t really show the differences other than certain part numbers that aren’t compatible. It also contains information on the M18 which I’m not concerned with. 

I understand the primary differences are in the locking ring and locking screw/lever mechanisms. Aside from that I also understand the different sights, i.e. bar sight vs optical sight. Just wondering if someone had pictures that show what differences are. Thanks!

Thanks. I understand the generalities of the differences, was hoping to see a side by side comparison or a list of parts/part numbers that were different. 

Dirt Detective
9 hours ago, dnewsom89 said:

Thanks. I understand the generalities of the differences, was hoping to see a side by side comparison or a list of parts/part numbers that were different. 

What I read it says The difference between the M9 and M9A1 involved only a few minor manufacturing changes to the coupling. 

Kaptainssurplus
12 minutes ago, Dirt Detective said:

What I read it says The difference between the M9 and M9A1 involved only a few minor manufacturing changes to the coupling. 

Exactly, there is no real differences to see other than the latch and optic, which photos of can be found online. 

9 hours ago, dnewsom89 said:

There is no difference in part numbers other than the added optic and latch. The US M9A1 manual should have that. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with both models and get a side by side of exactly like you want. There is a photo online of a m1, m9 and m9a1 laying together, but that's about the best photo you will find.