Army Intelligence (?)

cesweeney

The shields on the right are pre-1960's Intel branch devices.  They have no hallmark, but the upper one has "acidtest" stamped on the back. Either or both of these original/authorized?

I'm guessing that the lefthand one is a DUI from some MI group, since it was in the same ziploc as all the other Intel branch stuff I'm sorting.  I can't find it in TIOH or the Barry Stein book. Anyone hazard a guess?

Chris

MI.jpg

The Sphynx w/lamp was worn by cadre at the Intelligence School at Ft Hollabard (and Ft Hamilton NY, Ft Hunt VA as well) for HUMINT and counter intelligence. The smaller crests are officer brass for the Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC). If they have holes in them, they were made during WW II. Brass was conserved. Enlisted had these crests superimposed on a brass disk worn, as well, on the collar. The Sphynx statue from Ft Hollabard now resides at Ft Huachuca, AZ

Most CIC agents in uniform on the battlefield wore US as their only insignia; otherwise, they were in civilian clothes. They carried badges and credentials, too, that gave them a bona fides.

2 hours ago, rlyoun3910 said:

The Sphynx w/lamp was worn by cadre at the Intelligence School at Ft Hollabard (and Ft Hamilton NY, Ft Hunt VA as well) for HUMINT and counter intelligence. The smaller crests are officer brass for the Counter Intelligence Corps (CIC). If they have holes in them, they were made during WW II. Brass was conserved. Enlisted had these crests superimposed on a brass disk worn, as well, on the collar. The Sphynx statue from Ft Hollabard now resides at Ft Huachuca, AZ

Most CIC agents in uniform on the battlefield wore US as their only insignia; otherwise, they were in civilian clothes. They carried badges and credentials, too, that gave them a bona fides.

Thanks for the addtl info.