Would like to find photos on Frank J Vita my great grandfather

BullyMaguire

BullyMaguire

Hello, Frank J Vita was in the 601st tank destroyer battalion 39th engineer battalion 135 engineer combat battalion and the 10th engineer battalion. He had a purple heart supposedly A bronze star with a V and even may be a silver star. He was in World War II and in the Korean War. he was born in Boston on August 20, 1917 and you died on July 4, 1998 if anyone could find any photos of him I would gladly appreciate it.

ben.

Please note that these things take time. 

With that said I am currently looking into this and hopefully I’ll find something.

BullyMaguire

OK sorry about that but thank you so much for Trying to find something, thank you so much and God bless you.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d recommend you contact your family …in many cases…family have pictures vs. being impatient and asking daily (11, 12, 13, 14 Aug and 9 mins ago)…”Did you find something?”   In the tone of the messages…one would think you were the supervisor/boss and the people in this site….works for you and your paying their salaries….being very impatient.  

Being from New England myself (RI & Mass), I have to control my stress levels…and my impatience.  

FYI…I looked in Ancestry.com…he’s listed along with info…but no pictures.  Good luck on your search….try not to burn bridges on the way.

BullyMaguire

Think you misunderstood what I was coming from, I was impatient at first. I was just checking in because I got no response for two weeks. My family doesn’t know much. I’ll post if I find out anything. 

ben

8 hours ago, Edelweisse said:

I’d recommend you contact your family …in many cases…family have pictures vs. being impatient and asking daily (11, 12, 13, 14 Aug and 9 mins ago)…”Did you find something?”   In the tone of the messages…one would think you were the supervisor/boss and the people in this site….works for you and your paying their salaries….being very impatient.  

Being from New England myself (RI & Mass), I have to control my stress levels…and my impatience.  

FYI…I looked in Ancestry.com…he’s listed along with info…but no pictures.  Good luck on your search….try not to burn bridges on the way.

BullyMaguire

Update: My dad said he supposedly saw a purple heart ribbon and a bronze star, my father is going to see my great grandmother and maybe me. if I see any new photos I will update this again. 

ben

Cool…there you go.  It’s sad but many families have pictures but there are no markings or names….and a few select people in the family know who they are and eventually…this info is lost.  Again sad….good luck…don’t give up.  In the end …it’ll be appreciated 

BullyMaguire

Thanks man when I go there I will take pictures and at the best get them.

ben