Waco Glider Flight Instrument Panel

M1A1-1944

I just recently was able to pick up what I think is a Waco Glider flight panel. Since I've never persued and don't have any aircraft items in my collection, I am just curious if anyone thinks this has significant collector value or is it just an intresting item at best. Please give your opinions. Thanks, Ron

post-4155-1235700499.jpg

I'm sure they do.. I made a fortune of extra instruments I'd salvaged from several rotten wartime and 30's era birds that were being scrapped or restored.. Not only collectors, but aircraft owners and museums vie for parts to complete birds.. 3 of the gauges I sold went to the USAF Museum in Dayton, Oh for thier B-29.. I picked 'em up out in AZ back in the early 90's.. Nice panel ya got there.

Fins.

VERY nice to see a complete one of them...! Yes, it has a collector value, for sure.

Mine has only the middle and right-hand guages fitted, and I've only got the left-hand plaque.

The black "piece" (not sure what to really call it) on top of the instrument panel that has the plaques fitted to it is unusual (to me anyway). Not sure I've ever seen that before.

Is it marked for a CG-4A or a CG-15 on any of the plaques?

Cheers,

Glen.

Cobrahistorian

Ron,

Out of curiosity, are there any dates penciled in on the compass cards? Would it be possible to post a hi-res shot of it?

Awesome find!

Jon

Thanks Guys. I will update the thread with pictures when it arrives early next week.- Ron

Ron,

Out of curiosity, are there any dates penciled in on the compass cards? Would it be possible to post a hi-res shot of it?

Awesome find!

Jon

• 4 weeks later...
Quest Master
I just recently was able to pick up what I think is a Waco Glider flight panel. Since I've never persued and don't have any aircraft items in my collection, I am just curious if anyone thinks this has significant collector value or is it just an intresting item at best. Please give your opinions. Thanks, Ron

Any chance that you are looking to sell or trade your instrument panel? I could use it for the restoration of my CG-4A Cockpit. Let me know. Thanks - Van

Brian Dentino

All I can say is SWWWEEEEEEEEEETTTT! A very nice, and somewhat rare find. More detailed pics would be great when you get it. Thanks!