U.S. paratrooper liner

TSC

Don't have a whole lot of experience with these liners.  Looking for some opinions. 

These are the only pics I have. Is the chin pad authentic?

Thanks,

Tony

Liner 1.jpg

Liner 2.jpg

Liner 3.jpg

Liner 4.jpg

Is that a Westinghouse liner?

The brass buckle is post war.

Not a fan of the chin cup something about it looks wrong.

WWII liner modified post-war into paratrooper configuration. The chin cup is not an original paratrooper chincup. Helemt looks like a post-war, Korean War-era M1C that someone tried to dress up as a WWII paratrooper helmet. 

Any pictures of the helmet itself, specifically heat stamp and chinstraps. 

you may have a post WW2 set. is the helmet front seam or rear seam. Could be a set just covered with a net and a leather cup to be more "WW2" looking.

I am new to helmets but looking at all the liner  metal fasteners, they are all showing the same green metal patina so we can tell they were put together along time ago. The chin cup looks a little off to me but I am not an expert. I would say that you need to show the heat stamp as others have mentioned. Here is a fantastic liner id chart I saved that another member posted and I can’t remember his name. Super helpful with id by era characteristics . How much is the shop selling it asking if you don’t mind me asking? 

AC56975B-A101-4585-8557-4BF6AE1CE44D.jpeg

Burning Hazard

The OD3 chinstraps on the shell are aged reproductions; stitching and hardware is all off.

Is the shell swivel bail? Those are some funky long bails I see (maybe it's just the angle?)

Pat

CavalryCombatant

Something about this doesn’t sit right with me.  I don’t necessarily collect airborne stuff, but the buckles on the A-yolks just look off.

Edit: Looks like Pat beat me to commenting- I’ll defer to his comment about the hardware and chinstraps.

The refurbished helmet in the background doesn’t make me feel any better about it, definitely a point of concern that there is a, without doubt, messed with lid in the bunch.

Now that I'm seeing this on a computer as opposed to cellphone, I have even more doubts. The chinstraps are repro, as has been pointed out. As for the liner, a manufacturers stamp would help out. Should be in the crown of the liner. The A-yokes seem to be an odd color. Maybe it's the lighting but they look more brown as opposed to OD7. 

Suffice to say, this is not a WWII paratrooper helmet/liner. 

21 hours ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Something about this doesn’t sit right with me.  I don’t necessarily collect airborne stuff, but the buckles on the A-yolks just look off.

Edit: Looks like Pat beat me to commenting- I’ll defer to his comment about the hardware and chinstraps.

The refurbished helmet in the background doesn’t make me feel any better about it, definitely a point of concern that there is a, without doubt, messed with lid in the bunch.

Good eye. Now that I went back and specifically looked at the weave on the A yokes, it looks off like you stated. I would be curious to see the rivets attaching them to the liner. We can’t see any in the photos as the A yokes  are covering them but I bet they look newer than the rest. 

Thanks for all your comments on the liner. It appears that this is a messed with piece. It was not for sale and it came with a helmet net which I was not sure about. That was all the pictures that I took. Not sure if I can get more but will post up if there's more. All good points well taken from everyone but will steer clear of this one.