Would like to find photos of my great grandfather

BullyMaguire

BullyMaguire

Hello, my grandfather‘s name is Wilbur Stutler and was A medic in the Army and he was in Vietnam in the Korean War. I have photos of him but like 1, anyone know something thanks I would love to find out more about my great grandfather.

Cobra 6 Actual

Well, it is excellent that you’re researching this. We probably need a bit more information. For example, I looked on Ancestry and there were 699 military records for someone with that name. Now what would help to narrow this down is if you would provide any available additional information, such as his middle name, date of birth (or at the least his year of birth), and so on. Again, whatever additional information you had would be helpful.

C6A

Cobra 6 Actual

Just taking a ‘stab’ at things, is this him?

image.jpeg

If so, now we know he was a Sergeant First Class (SFC), E-7. We probably need someone that’s a better researcher than I to take this forward from here.

Cobra 6 Actual

OK, hopefully, someone with access to “Together We Served” or a similar app or Forum will chime in to take this forward.

militariaone

Greetings,

Here's the only image I could find of him hosted on Ancestry.com. Appears he entered the Army in 1948, but not sure if he stayed in/or got out. Records indicate he also enlisted in 1969, but it's not clear if the records are showing a subsequent enlistment, or just another in continuous/unbroken service. The image was not dated, but I assume due his youthful appearance and lack of rank, the shared images comes from his initial/early service.

Best,

V/r Lance

IMG_2938.JPG