Opinions Please On WWII Angus & Coote Jump Wings

AirMechanic

This pair of WWII Angus & Coote jump wings sold recently on eBay and I’d like to hear some opinions on it. I’m not at all an expert on these but I did see a similar pair in a photo by TripleCanopy in another post on the forum for comparison.

One thing that I noticed on the wings in question, the “D” in Sydney seems to look more like a “0” than a “D”. In addition, the frame outline of the logo is partially cutoff at the bottom on the wings in question, while the one shown in the other post is complete.

Lastly, the lettering in the hallmark on the wings in question (especially the word Sydney) does not look quite as crisp as the other set of wings.

Any thoughts?

CD5B97C5-C46E-424C-8525-15203291C607.jpeg

4666CA55-0535-405A-A6DB-156B69D9B6F9.jpeg

42A8DE32-B039-4906-858D-F9E9F4D306D7.jpeg

The majority of the ones I have come across have the raised hallmark a little too low like this example and SYDNEY ends up getting damaged slightly.  I wouldn't mind having this piece in my collection as it looks original to my eyes.

AirMechanic

Thanks for the info. I missed this one unfortunately, but it sounds like someone got a nice piece for their collection.