CIDG Rucksack

Constabulary

In my collection I have two CIDG Rucksacks and just got in one that is different.

I have seen the same ruck for sale on someones website but don´t recall where it was.

First I tought the straps where cut and replaced by doubled para cords but the para cords are original to the rucksack. The ruck is made of camvas and it is not rubberized. It is a bit larger than the

Any oppinions?

IMG_9098.jpg

IMG_9103.jpg

IMG_9099.jpg

IMG_9100.jpg

IMG_9101.jpg

IMG_9102.jpg

IMG_9104.jpg

The size and width of the zigzag stitch as well as the coloring of the suspension line on the ruck leads me to believe

that it may have been done by a parachute rigger quite a while ago. The stitching/coloration looks a lot like that on

a mid-1960s T-10 troop parachute canopy that I have. I do not collect VN-era items and I am only basically familiar

with this type of rucksack, so your mileage may vary.

I happened upon this link looking for something else today, maybe the owner of your rucksack saw one of these and got

inspired:

http://www.vietnamgear.com/kit.aspx?kit=390

Yes, that is the VC Rucksack. The Above rucksacks are based on the VC Rucksack but they are different.

You´ll also will find the CIDG Rucksack on that website same as the two I showed abobve.

But I wonder if the rucksack on top of this thread is an CIDG Ruck since I never have seen it on pictures before.

Folks, I really would greatfull if someone could help me with it.

Thanks in advance ;)

Hi, I have two Cidg rucks in my group, I will try to get a photo up this weekend, while I have seen the one with the paracord ties before for sale, I have bad vibes about that one. This is just a felling however. There have been a few copies out there by the way, maybe this could be one? Lets wait and see what someone else brings up.

Always Ready! 2nd ACR.

X-Redcatcher... w00t.gif

Hi, I have two Cidg rucks in my group, I will try to get a photo up this weekend, while I have seen the one with the paracord ties before for sale, I have bad vibes about that one. This is just a felling however. There have been a few copies out there by the way, maybe this could be one? Lets wait and see what someone else brings up.

Always Ready! 2nd ACR.

X-Redcatcher... w00t.gif

The two below are originals, I have them for years. I also have a more used ruck that is identlical.

I just wonder what the first one is and if someone else has a ruck like this.

It is much more work to make straps and loops from para cord than just adding some eyes or straps with buckles.

I also have found the web site again:

CIDG RUCKSACK - click here

He says that it is an very rare early special forces indigenous rucksack.

I just found an online tranlation tool from Japanese to Englisch

An this is the translation:

It is the rurp rucksack of the para-cord strap of an extremely rare initial model. I have appeared in the American market once as far as I knew it. It was with the thing which there was in the warehouse of Okinawa in 1960's. A product made in khaki cotton. It is only one point of remainder.