Unknown Canvas Covers For Vehicles Or Jeep?

Panzerfaust

Panzerfaust

I picked up some canvas covers for vehicles or jeep that are unknown to me.  Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Drew

DSC08379.JPG

DSC08380.JPG

DSC08381.JPG

DSC08382.JPG

DSC08383.JPG

DSC08384.JPG

DSC08385.JPG

DSC08386.JPG

DSC08400.JPG

DSC08401.JPG

DSC08402.JPG

DSC08403.JPG

DSC08404.JPG

DSC08405.JPG

DSC08408.JPG

DSC08409.JPG

DSC08410.JPG

DSC08411.JPG

DSC08414.JPG

DSC08415.JPG

DSC08416.JPG

DSC08417.JPG

DSC08418.JPG

DSC08419.JPG

DSC08420.JPG

DSC08421.JPG

DSC08422.JPG

RustyCanteen

Hi, 

The first example is a windshield cover, it looks like a jeep one. I do not recognize the other two canvas panels. 

RC

Panzerfaust
10 hours ago, RustyCanteen said:

Hi, 

The first example is a windshield cover, it looks like a jeep one. I do not recognize the other two canvas panels. 

RC

Hey RustyCanteen,

Many thanks for the information.  Maybe someone will be able to comment on the other items.

Drew

General Apathy
17 hours ago, RustyCanteen said:

Hi, 

RC

Hi Drew,

Rusty is correct it IS a WWII Jeep windshield cover however there are two sizes one for early Jeeps and one for later models. I don't have my examples to hand but the side measurements are what determine the sizes.

From memory the early windshield cover for the Willy's ' Slat-Grille ' which has a shorter windshield frame is about 21 inches and the later models the side measurement is about 23 inches.

Having said that,  the later one is more saleable as there are far more surviving later Jeeps than early Jeeps.

regards lewis.

Panzerfaust
49 minutes ago, General Apathy said:

Hi Drew,

Rusty is correct it IS a WWII Jeep windshield cover however there are two sizes one for early Jeeps and one for later models. I don't have my examples to hand but the side measurements are what determine the sizes.

From memory the early windshield cover for the Willy's ' Slat-Grille ' which has a shorter windshield frame is about 21 inches and the later models the side measurement is about 23 inches.

Having said that,  the later one is more saleable as there are far more surviving later Jeeps than early Jeeps.

regards lewis.

Hey Lewis,

Thank you for the information!

Any idea what the other canvas things are used for?

Drew

General Apathy
40 minutes ago, Panzerfaust said:

Hey Lewis,

Thank you for the information!

Any idea what the other canvas things are used for?

Drew

Hi Drew,

Rusty is right about the rest as well,  I do not recognise those . . . . . . . . . . 

The bags or sacks look as if they are either field mods, repaired pieces or such, the original stitching has been chopped and the new stitching is not factory quality or grade.  

The last two items could be Breech covers or something like that, never seen any before.  

regards lewis.

• 2 weeks later...