Unfinished Aussie Raider actually a reproduction ?

usmc1981

I see in several collections unfinished Aussie Raider patches as being authentic of the time period, but this card may give credence that these unfinished product may indeed be reproductions.  "This patch is made using the authentic type woven construction by the original manufacture".  Is this card the Rosetta stone for unfinished patches?  Thoughts?

s-l1600.jpg

FT.Monmouth1943

As far as I’m concerned, these have always been known as reproductions. If someone is trying to pass these off as the real deal then they either don’t know any better or are trying to rip-off an unsuspecting collector.

7 minutes ago, FT.Monmouth1943 said:

As far as I’m concerned, these have always been known as reproductions. If someone is trying to pass these off as the real deal then they either don’t know any better or are trying to rip-off an unsuspecting collector.

I understand, but there are several collectors on the forum that think they are period.

Apparently these  reproductions are made by J&J Cash for lancer Militaria In 1982 per Doug Bailey. Thanks Todd Mellinger. 

Also the  original had a embroidery or woven diamond where the reproduction didn’t. 

The easy way tell the repros is the thread that fills the entire back of the patch from edge to edge. Same on Nam Woven/ Bevo repro the threads shouldn't extend to the edges on the back as they run out to the edges and thats the sign of a modern fake

Then the Skull is off shape and the pixel type stitching to the skull,

I kept photos of this example which was made by someone to deceive collectors.

Raider Fake Patch (2).jpg

Raider Fake Patch (1).jpg

8 minutes ago, Tonomachi said:

I kept photos of this example which was made by someone to deceive collectors.

Raider Fake Patch (2).jpg

Raider Fake Patch (1).jpg

There was a guy on greed-bay who had a lot of fake USMC patches a while back with the added backing

ocsfollowme

When the auction first came up, I submitted an offer, then I looked at the paperwork that was behind the patch. Read it. Then took back my offer. Found a thread on this exact patch and was glad that I took back my offer.

Thanks for posting;this is the type of posts  we need with clarity and purpose that help to inform  and warn .