1938 Kellogg's Navy Prints

thebearpack

thebearpack

Been ages since I last posted... life goes by fast!

Anyway, I picked up 5 of these on another forum and then saw a 6th on Ebay so I bought that one too. Original intent was to frame the ones I liked and sell the others but now I'm wondering if I have a complete set (were only these six versions made?). Does anyone know about these? Rarity, versions made, general value, etc.? Any info would help before I split them up. I have the Ranger, Indianapolis, Pennsylvania, Narwhal, Mahan, and Memphis. Thanks in advance!

6 Prints.jpg

• 8 months later...
thebearpack

Thanks Noelle! I wound up getting them all framed and now they're on display in our house. I've yet to see more so assume this is the whole set.

Each one is dated 1938 and has the Kellogg Company on the bottom (frames are hiding the exact wording now). And each has information about the subject vessel. For example, The Indianapolis says:

The Heavy Cruise Indianapolis

One of the fastest naval vessels for her size in the world, the Indianapolis is 610 feet long, 66 feet across the beam, with a speed of 32.7 knots per hour. 

She carries 29 guns, the largest being 8-inch. There are 551 men in crew. With more ships of the type of Indianapolis guarding our shores, the firing of these guns can be confined to peace-time salutes. 

thebearpack
On 3/26/2023 at 6:06 PM, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Man, these are very impressive! Love the top far right one the best!

Thanks! The one you like is the Indianapolis. 

In order left to right on top are Pennsylvania, Ranger, Indy and left to right on bottom are Narwhal, Mahan, and Memphis.

I can't decide between Ranger and Mahan personally.