Earlo Cruse Somewhere in the pacific? New Guinea?

Navymm98

Good afternoon everyone!

i have hit a dead end and im hoping someone will be able to help me. my great grandfather that i never knew was stationed in the pacific with the Army. i have been told he was in New Guinea and was wounded. (apparently he had some issues with his vocal cords afterwards). i have not been able to find anything about his service. only thing i have is a photo of him with a native. and another photo with a army ground forces patch. ill have to add those photos later. hopefully someone else can find some information. 

MedrickMilitaria

Is this him? This clipping is from the Hardin County Independent out of Elizabethtown, Illinois. The date is September 21, 1944. 

I also found a pic of him on Ancestry.com, he is in his uniform. He has the rank of a Technician, 4th Grade

image.png.aa79fe55cae953014cb2cabcdb09fd39.png. The other patch is for the

US Army Ground Forces.image.png.a5299ea52bfc2344520226fa0ed7bc68.png

So haven't found anything on his south Pacific service but did find these small mentions in the Hardin County Independent - 

Jan. 1943 -

img.jpg.b0a0e386cf8fc27e06cd6f3e06430307.jpg

May 1943 -

img.jpg.bddd07ba9d830e4674addc6049e0240f.jpg

Sept. 1943 -

img.jpg.452b69a9069d7c0ae4a4cbb88f5850ab.jpg

I would venture to guess the picture in the above post was taken at Camp Claiborne.

Thats him! thank you. i had uploaded the photo to ancestry. but i dont have access to newspaper archives.