“Damn Lucky” story of John Luckadoo and the Bloody 100th of the 8th Airforce in WWII

warguy

I really enjoyed his book. Came out in 2022, and I found it a nice compliment to the “Master of the Air”, the book framing the mini series coming out this Fall. This book tells the story of one B-17 pilot John Luckadoo, who flew out of Thorpe Abbotts in England in WWII in 1943. The book gives an excellent insight into some of the terror these air crews faced during the most difficult days for the day light bombing initiative. For me, it was an excellent primer for the mini series, and I found it to be a quick and easy read that I didn't want to put down. In addition to the real life details of combat missions, I really liked some of the details about life on the base, the Officers club and WWII London. Kevin

BC9C5CA4-F625-49B8-B604-FBA779FEEFB6.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Kevin,  My copy of Wing & Prayer is a well read paperback copy.  I'll give it to you if you want it.   PM me if you do.  

1 hour ago, Art said:

Kevin,  My copy of Wing & Prayer is a well read paperback copy.  I'll give it to you if you want it.   PM me if you do.  

Hey Art, thanks and what a nice offer. I hold your recommendation is such high esteem that I have already purchased a copy and it is on its way. Once again, thanks so much for the offer, I really appreciate it. I would return the favor and offer up my copy of DamnLucky, but we are in the process of selling my house and I have it packed up. One of 360 boxes…just don't know which one now. Thanks again! Kevin

No problem at all Kevin.  I have a couple nice used book stores with good military sections, I'll check those tomorrow hopefully.

Art