Alice M16 Ammo Pouches

Space Cowboy

Sirs,

Please, could you kindly let me know when were introduced the "New" blueish green Alice M16 Ammo Pouches, and if they have ever been issued

during Desert Storm?

I apologize for the inconvenience. I searched on this forum, but couldn't find an answer to my question.

Best Regards,

Jon

I would think that the stamping on the back of them would say the approximate date....for example, DLA-xxx-85-xxxxx would say 1985 FY contract, and so on... I'd wager that during Desert Shield and Desert Storm, the dark green LC ALICE M1 ammo pouches would be the norm, and the blueish green would be bosnia/serbia timeline coincident with the blue green web belts... but I've never seen blue green Y suspenders... I've seen both bluegreen and dark green alice m16 pouches, and the dark green ones are usually more commonplace, but its a possibility that the bluegreen were introduced at the same time the saw ammo pouches were introdued...tho I can't say for sure, all pictures I've seen of US troops excluding the special forces in Kuwait all had dark green M16 pouches and dark green equipment

Here is an example, this is my belt rig, I have 4 M16 pouches on it, the 2 at the ends are Korean copies, the 2 inside are usgi, both being an olive and darker than the SAW ammo pouch and 2qt canteen, which are newer and in the blueish green tint

IMG00367.jpg

Come to think of it, I've never seen the ALICE SAW ammo pouches in anything other than blue green...might be a hint? I know the dark green and olive green were in production from 1974-onwards until maybe the early 90s, or mid 90s....and so there's literally millions of those darker colored m16 pouches out there if the supplies showing up at the government liquidation is any indication

Sirs,

Thank you for your reply and consideration.

I need to make an LC-2 set-up for a Desert Storm "Impression", but it's hard for me to find a complete set, with the correct Pouches, Canteens, etc.

Since I live in France, not any Seller accepts shipping the good overseas, so I think I need to buy a complete Set in one time.

I have searched in this forum, in order to know if any of them were for sale, but I unfortunately got no results. I am looking for an LC2 in good to very good condition, and of course, in Dark Green.

Jonathan

Sirs,

I need to make an LC-2 set-up for a Desert Storm "Impression", but it's hard for me to find a complete set, with the correct Pouches, Canteens, etc.

Since I live in France, not any Seller accepts shipping the good overseas, so I think I need to buy a complete Set in one time.

I have searched in this forum, in order to know if any of them were for sale, but I unfortunately got no results. I am looking for an LC2 in good to very good condition, and of course, in Dark Green.

Jonathan

Hmm. The complete LC2 set up you say? Y suspenders, pistol belt(choice of 2 buckles, side release or LC buckle) 2 M16 mag pouches, 1 first aid pouch/compass pouch, 2 1qt canteen, or 1 1qt canteen and 1 triple folded entrenching tool with plastic cover, a buttpack? (Did they ever issue LC buttpacks other than the "Improved LC" buttpack that was part of the IIFVS/LBV set-up?) should be fairly easy to find in Europe, especially from the US Army European group bases and PXs...does the set-up also include a rucksack with frame? A member here may be able to help you out with the belt, 2 m16 mag pouches, and buttpack, along with 2 alice ruck sacks (medium without frame, large with frame) but he is in the United States, same as me...I don't know how expensive shipping from his area to your area would be... the username to ask is Mercenary25 on here...I think he's got 90s equipment that he was looking to sell... my question for you is, which Desert Storm group are you looking to make an impression of? :)

Hello Camo,

Here is what I am looking for:

LC2 Belt with quick release systme (NOT Fastex) and Y Suspenders, M16 Ammo Pouches (x2) and Canteens (x2), of the correct color for a Desert

Storm Era. ;)

I am not looking to make a Desert Storm Re-Enacment, sorry for my poor explanation. I am a Gun Photographer, and need those items for a

M9 photo, in a Desert Storm Era. But as I am a collector too, I am happy to buy them, since I am fond of the U.S. Gear.

I am already making a 75th U.S. Ranger 2007 Impression.

I don't mind buying to U.S.A. and pay for the shipping. It is something I am used to, so I am going to contact Mercenary25. That said, if you also

have the items I described for sale, please contact me, I am very interested.

Very Best Regards,

Jonathan

• 2 weeks later...
Space Cowboy

Hello!

I have finally found most of the Alice LC2 gear I needed, but I have a question, though.

Please, do find a (poor) picture of some Canteen Covers below. The one on the far left was bought along an almost complete LC2, and

the color is greener (more yellow, less blue) than all the other ones. Is this one the only correct OD for a Desert Storm Era impression,

or does the other colors were also issued at that time?

coverst.jpg

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jonathan

it may be slight variations from contractors, but if possible, look for the ink stampings on the backs, they should have contract and dates on them

Space Cowboy

Hello CamoDeafie,

Thank you for your reply. There are no dates on the back of the canteen covers. On the other hand, I have made another picture today,

better showing the tints differences:

img3575x.jpg

I am affraid this kind of OD Green to be newer than the Dark Green of the right's canteen.

Best Regards,

Jonathan.