Maynard Carbine Buy

I picked this up over the weekend and I just wondered what you can tell me about it. I read that there were several of the first model that were captured by the Confederacy and those are in .52 cal. I just wondered if you could tell anything by the serial number, which model it is. I have a few other CW carbines and rifles. Never owned a Maynard though. I'd like to shoot it. I wonder if they make the cartridges for it like the Smith . Any info is greatly appreciated.  

P1010001.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010009.JPG

• 1 month later...

That is a Model 2 Maynard.  Bore diameter on these vary from about .514 to .518.  They are very shootable, but you need to load your own.  Need brass cases, percussion caps, bullet molds (you can buy loose bullets if you don't want to cast).   Go to www.N-SSA.net.  More info about these there than you can possibly absorb.  They are fun to shoot. Mine (with a new accurized replacement barrel, will shoot 3 inch groups off-hand

I can't seem to find any .515 lead about 320 grain , anywhere . They all have 450 grain which stick out of the case too far . I bought the 'Light Load" cases which have an inside that has been made thicker to make the "Light Load". The 450 grain is too much for it . Anyone know who makes a lighter .515 bullet ?? Thanks.