WW2 and later shoot items

Vanderbilt

Vanderbilt

....take these with a grain of salt. Just stuff I gathered for doing BAMM (Bolt Action Military Matches). Reworked steel pot with real Korean War liner, homemade boonie, repop P42 frogskins, USN contract frog skin poncho. My jungle shirt, found a  black&gold Army tape to spice it up. I've had this shirt since my time in the military. Mind you, we don't reenact and if we get public, they're usually there to find out what we shoot and what do they need to start. Most of our shoots are either NCOWS 1866 to 1899 civilian or military/GAF 1900 to 1916 military. We change it up now and then with impromptu or long range shoots with open dress. You can be critical if you want, I'm an old geezer so my give a $&'+ isn't all that great, lol....

20220705_185810.jpg

20220706_151803.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
CavalryCombatant

Pretty sweet! 

One word of caution, those liner chinstraps (on the helmet) are notorious for being fragile with age, if you’re using it for wear I’d probably swap it out for a reproduction.

12 hours ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Pretty sweet! 

One word of caution, those liner chinstraps (on the helmet) are notorious for being fragile with age, if you’re using it for wear I’d probably swap it out for a reproduction.

.....have already repaired it with Barge leather glue. If I seriously plan to use it. It will get a repop replacement. Unless, unlikely as it is, the club does a WW2 themed shoot. Or, my main running buddy and I have thought about doing a Brutality Shoot "lite". The crux of the shoot is you have either one target or multiple targets. In that you use a weighted object to to determine where or how many shots you take. Firing positions can also be defined per shot. This helmet will for the most part be a shelf queen in the reloader room.