A.H. Dondero Flight Surgeon Wings

5thwingmarty

5thwingmarty

These just joined the collection.  Although I have a few other Donduro pattern wings in my collection, this silver Flight Surgeon is my first WWII vintage one with an actual A.H. Donduro Inc. Wash. D.C. hallmark.  It seems like the Pasquale hallmarked examples in this pattern are easier to come by.

Not as impressive as Kevin's quartet of Amico medical wings, but its a start.

Marty

RIMG2415.JPG

RIMG2417.JPG

5thwingmarty

Spelling has never been my forte.  Maybe one of the mods can correct my thread heading to aid in possible future searches.

I don't think I have ever seen a WWII Dondero hallmarked wing that wasn't either a Flight Surgeon or a Flight Nurse.  There are Dondero hallmarked examples of both on Bob's www.ww2wings.com site.  There are other ratings that can be found with Dondero post WWII hallmarks like the Amcraft pattern Senior Pilot wings that include the D-2 mark.

There are also a lot of Dondero hallmarked DIs that I would guess date to WWII.

rathbonemuseum.com

Here are my known Dondero's for comparison. Like yours, the silver Flight Surgeon is the only one hallmarked. Also unique for Dondero is their shiny rhodium plated surface.

T

DonderoFront.jpg

DonderoBack.jpg

5thwingmarty

Very nice Tod.  Do you not have any of the Aerial Gunner wings, or are you not convinced they are actually from Dondero?