Small Navy web belt pouch

Bob Hudson

Found this small (about 4.5 by 3 inches) pouch recently and it is unlike anything I've seen before, both in the style and the way it is marked. Once you open up all the flaps, there is a small pocket with loops inside (you can see the outside stitching for those loops in one of the photos below).

navpouch0.jpg

navpouch2.jpg

navypouch1.jpg

navpouch3.jpg

craig_pickrall

That is the ammo pouch for .38 rounds. There are several different posts that show that pouch along with the Victory model .38 and either hip or shoulder holsters.

craig_pickrall

For many years they seemed to be fairly unusual but in the last month or so I have seen more than in the last 10 years.

craig_pickrall

Forgot to add that it is very possible a pilot had that pouch sewn closed and not a civilian. That design is not the most secure. If a cartridge works it's way out of the loop then it could also work out of the pouch and be lost.

Forgot to add that it is very possible a pilot had that pouch sewn closed and not a civilian.

That's what I suspect: a civilian would have little use for one of these with the wire hangers.

craig_pickrall

Bob, I have posted these pics before but can't find the thread. Thought you might like to see the pouch in use.

post-5-1235492225.jpg

post-5-1235492237.jpg

post-5-1235492245.jpg

Bob, I have posted these pics before but can't find the thread. Thought you might like to see the pouch in use.

thanks again...