Combat Medic Whisky Hip Flask Restoration

gwb123

I realize as soon as I post this there will be those who opine that the flask should have been kept in relic condition.

But you have to respect the craftsmanship that this individual demonstrates in restoring this item.

Added note:  I has been pointed out below that the CMB would not date back to the Battle of the Bulge, as the video claims.

Small problem with the story- the Combat Medic Badge had not been awarded prior to or during the Battle of the Bulge.

From the army's Human Resource Command website- https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Combat Medical Badge CMB

Originally established as the Medical Badge, the Combat Medical Badge (CMB) was created by the War Department on 1 March 1945. It could be awarded to officers, warrant officers, and enlisted Soldiers of the Medical Department assigned or attached to the medical detachment of infantry regiments, infantry battalions, and elements thereof designated as infantry in tables of organization or tables of organization and equipment.

If this was found in the area around the Bulge, it was lost post war, and not in the heat of battle.

Allan

manayunkman

Great detective work Allan.

He had me at Battle.

Still doesn’t take away from a great video and restoration.

5 hours ago, Allan H. said:

Small problem with the story- the Combat Medic Badge had not been awarded prior to or during the Battle of the Bulge.

From the army's Human Resource Command website- https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Combat Medical Badge CMB

Originally established as the Medical Badge, the Combat Medical Badge (CMB) was created by the War Department on 1 March 1945. It could be awarded to officers, warrant officers, and enlisted Soldiers of the Medical Department assigned or attached to the medical detachment of infantry regiments, infantry battalions, and elements thereof designated as infantry in tables of organization or tables of organization and equipment.

If this was found in the area around the Bulge, it was lost post war, and not in the heat of battle.

Allan

Spoiler! There you go again, injecting "facts" into the conversation! LOL!

Actually, I wondered about that after I had posted it.  

Oh well, we can still admire the craftsmanship.  I will adjust the title.