Presidential Unit Citation-Arthur Bertrand Paris

Edelweisse

Hi Folks:  Just picked up a French Military Medal Fourragere (yellow & green) with an olive for Criox de Guerre WW2 and another award but attached was a U.S. Presidential Unit Citation single pin-back ribbon bar and on the back it says “Arthus Bertrand Paris”.  The blue ribbon has the gold  trim surrounding.  

I researched the name and found he was a jeweler …so he made military insignia for the US military in France …I am thinking.  

Pictures will be coming 

I mistakenly entered “Arthur”…..when it should have been “Arthus”.  Moderater pls correct title.  Once I entered the correct first name…a lot came up. 

Please be aware that Arthus Bertrand made insignia and medals for the French Military/ French state.

As French units who fought in the Korean war were awarded US PUC's, it is very good possible that this PUC was made for the French military.

I suspect that in the hands of a collector this example made it's way to the US.

Regards

Herman 

Edelweisse

I bought it at a French flea market the other weekend so it never made it’s way to the US…yet.   It makes sense what you said about French units fighting in Korean War getting the PUC…maybe that’s the reason it was attached to the fourragere.   

Since US military were in France until 1960s…I figured a U.S. soldier or airman purchased the ribbon bar and some way got pinned to the fourragere. 

Thank you for your comments