My Christmas Present trench art lamp

jpgrl

One of the exhibits in the planing stage right now will be called "Light Artillery" and will feature this type of trench art.

I love stuff like this.

20mm is probably the smallest I've seen with a full size light bulb. It looks like a 75mm base?

BKW

One of the exhibits in the planing stage right now will be called "Light Artillery" and will feature this type of trench art.

I love stuff like this.

20mm is probably the smallest I've seen with a full size light bulb. It looks like a 75mm base?

BKW

This is the answer from the gift-giving boyfriend :) Sorry I'm more in it for the aesthetics than the actual components!

"Honestly, I'm not sure, except for the .45 ACP cartridges around the bottom (whcih are all WW2 dated - I checked when wiping it down and putting in new electrical guts). I THINK it's a 105mm US artillery case cut down for the base with a 40mm cartridge for the shaft (!). You could measure the width of the projectile on the shaft to confirm the width..."

Steph

Thats awesome!.....now you need to top it off with a helmet shell for a lampshade!.....mike thumbsup.gif

Maybe I'll get that for next Christmas ;) Seriously though, is there a huge demand for trench art lamps. In my girlie mind I like for the stuff I collect to be usable and not have to sit in a box and never see the (not too bright or direct of course :) light of day). Trench art is pretty durable and in that category.

Steph McKinnell