Unknown WWII Era Bomb Squadron Patch

FT.Monmouth1943

FT.Monmouth1943

Took a chance on this one recently because I thought the design looked cool. I don’t have a lot of experience with leather patches, so I’m not entirely sure if this one is even real, but I think it looks good. It’s decal on leather and depicts a devil dropping a bomb on a pyramid (maybe MTO?) with a sight picture overlayed. I looked all over the place for an ID on this one but have had no luck so far. Any help is appreciated!

- Jakob

49A8CF2F-8B8C-454D-A487-F3C7EE9999B8.jpeg.4139d350ba3f7acab22f1f3e0afd8dd6.jpeg

0B00690F-2186-4101-92BA-4FEE06E64C28.jpeg.bc0443b68b17b447ced2eb5a06973fda.jpeg

Johnny Signor

I've had a couple of images of this patch for some time now and have yet to get it nailed down, I'm leaning towards a Bombardment Training unit type, the little pyramid looking object he's looking at was known to bombarddiers as "the shack" and wa s a pyramid shaped bombing target usually made of wood slats .........

FT.Monmouth1943
On 6/25/2022 at 1:32 AM, Johnny Signor said:

I've had a couple of images of this patch for some time now and have yet to get it nailed down, I'm leaning towards a Bombardment Training unit type, the little pyramid looking object he's looking at was known to bombarddiers as "the shack" and wa s a pyramid shaped bombing target usually made of wood slats .........

Thank you. That’s seems to be the most plausible answer. It’s a shame there was no paperwork identifying the patch in that one grouping it showed up in.

- Jakob