WWII flight nurse L-1 fight jacket: Husband and wife group

Timberwolf

Got this one in recently, I work as a nurse so I always like getting nursing related items in. Uniform group of husband Cpl. Raymond Levrat and wife 1st Lt. Betty Davis-Levrat. Betty served as a stateside flight nurse and Raymond served in the PTO in what was more than likely a AB AA battery. Betty passed away in 2021 at the age of 99! The highlight to me is her L-1 flight jacket and cap, nothing beats a pic of the vet in their uniform! Some great examples of the beige duty and off duty uniforms as well. 

20AC0A23-37A9-4512-B42B-44ADD2349DF7.jpeg

A080A238-ECBB-4CEB-9660-C164E34A1E1B.jpeg

7A9CC195-CE6E-49DC-95EE-989F950B3EAF.jpeg

7B458E61-6888-4C8F-80E0-1DF828A2E4DF.jpeg

A8BE4EFB-35A8-4225-B22D-6EC4A89BB4B3.jpeg

0321C0D9-0C1C-4D8E-831A-CE77AF8DA8AC.jpeg

3 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

I’m really surprised this hasn’t garnered much interest.

Very nice! I was on briefly yesterday and did not see this one.  I love flight nurse items. There are some great books about flight nurses.  It is a shame that women's items are very often overlooked. 

...Kat

3 hours ago, manayunkman said:

Don’t be surprised it happens all the time.

Great group Ben.

It's sad to say, guess most folks have shifted to the facebook USMF page.

17 hours ago, Timberwolf said:

It's sad to say, guess most folks have shifted to the facebook USMF page.

Timberwolf,

Unfortunately, I think it is across the board for women's items. For an area that has rare items, there is little interest. I have had collectors argue with me that women never did some of the things that can easily be found on official military websites. It is a bit frustrating but I keep plugging along trying to educate. 😁

..Kat

manayunkman

There are many interesting threads, requests and more that either have a slow uptake or get no feedback at all.

When i have the time I sometimes go through the activity list and look for threads with very little or no responses and see if I can add something complimentary or informative.

There are quite a few members who have stopped posting because they got little feedback.

It’s important that we all give a little more and post something on someone else’s thread otherwise we loose good people.

Just a thought for today.

manayunkman
7 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

There are many interesting threads, requests and more that either have a slow uptake or get no feedback at all.

When i have the time I sometimes go through the activity list and look for threads with very little or no responses and see if I can add something complimentary or informative.

There are quite a few members who have stopped posting because they got little feedback.

It’s important that we all give a little more and post something on someone else’s thread otherwise we loose good people.

Just a thought for today.

By the way did you check all the pockets? 

Are you going to restore the flight blouse?

I would love to own a group like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Great gouping and very complete cross section of uniforms!  I saw this when it came up on line. Glad it went to someone who will take care of it!

• 4 months later...