My M42 Willys MB

Bubba1256

I spent four years restoring this jeep, finaly got it working well and got to drive it around a few days ago. I'm unsure about the markings (mainly after the 506 if it should be an I or PI) on the front bumper, they may not be correct. if anyone knows the propper markings and could help me out that would be greatly appreacated.

post-5184-1235407768.jpg

Johan Willaert

Marings are OK, except for the E Company thing...

Parachute Infantry Companies did not have their own Jeeps. Better would be SV-2 for Service Company or HQ-2 for Regtl HQ....

I spent four years restoring this jeep, finaly got it working well and got to drive it around a few days ago. I'm unsure about the markings (mainly after the 506 if it should be an I or PI) on the front bumper, they may not be correct. if anyone knows the propper markings and could help me out that would be greatly appreacated.

Great looking jeep !

Kration

MVPA #4707

1943 M-5A1 Stuart

1944 M-8 Armored car

1943 M-20 Armored car

1943 T-16 carrier

1941 Autocar M-3 HT

GPW Script 3-25-42

MB 9-15-44

Yeah David...our own 42MB sub section......... :D:D:D Like it

Regards

LLoyd

Hey Lloyd,

not sure if I qualify, years ago I owned and restored MB102964, traded it for a 42WLA

Tom Bowers

Great Looking Jeep! Nice job. I am still working on my 45MB.

Brent

Hey Lloyd,

not sure if I qualify, years ago I owned and restored MB102964, traded it for a 42WLA

Tom Bowers

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom and Lloyd

Hey Lloyd,

Tom Bowers

Sorry, Tom, you and I would have to form a '41 club instead. thumbsup.gif

Yours was probably delivered mid Dec 41, missing Pearl Harbor by a couple of days.

This is mine, slightly earlier than yours, MB102519.

post-4089-1239744796.jpg

Best Regards,

Prof

• 1 year later...
Corsair pilot

Great looking jeep. I hate to hear what the cost was. I have a ton of money rapped up in mine.

kenny

i would love a jeep, yours looks great nice job, not too keen on the 101st markings though, i would paint mine with some random unit markings then slap some paint over it and add New Zealand markings, just like our boys used to, its only stolen if you get caught :)

Thats an Excellent Job you have done there on fully Restoring the Willy MB Jeep

it was diffneatly well worth the time and effort for it to be looking perfect now very well done :thumbsup: .