My recent $20 bid on eBay landed me this...

frank2far

I was looking for a few medals for my grandfather's service in WWII when I came across this auction. No bidders but me on a small box of medals and ribbons. I think I did ok.

Thanks

IMG_8041 (1).jpg

IMG_8029.jpg

IMG_8039.JPG

IMG_8042 (1).jpg

For 20 bucks I’d say you did great!

My only guess for the medallion is that it is from a training exercise between the two countries.

manayunkman

The German medal is a Volksmarch medal.

The PH alone is a huge score!!

Can you show the back?

3 minutes ago, manayunkman said:

The German medal is a Volksmarch medal.

The PH alone is a huge score!!

Can you show the back?

Thanks. Unfortunately the PH is not named or numbered. 

aerialbridge

(typed before picture posted- back of medal IMO, not excellent but for $20,  more than nice) I can make out the brooch,  it's just what you'd expect it to be,  Navy Type 1 in the purple box.  And the condition of both looks excellent.  What's the going rate for one of those here (can't figure on ebay since it would get yanked immediately by the PH police if  discovered) about $350-400?   Nice sleeper auction and proof once again that in cases like this, the seller's ignorance is bliss for some lucky buyer. 

aerialbridge

Wonder what that unfortunate ebay seller listed the auction as that only one person with a clue managed to find it?    "Medals"?   "Round metal things with fabric and pins"?      If he'd even put in "Purple box" in the description along with the word "medals", more than one person with a clue would have probably found it.   🤒

Nice score! Given the combination of ribbons, I suspect that these may be a group to someone who served in the USMC during WWII and the Army during the KW. It might be worth asking the seller where they came from...

manayunkman

The word Metals is used from time to time instead of the correct word Medals.

That word hid the sale.

Good for you that you found it.

USMC_COLLECTOR

This isn't my business or place, but I have actually been extremely lucky on eBay with only me bidding. I collect Vietnam Gear, and I have gotten an ERDL uniform and a poncho liner for under $100 bucks. That is separate auctions on all of them. Not trying to create any problems, just thought I would let you know! 🙂

8 hours ago, aerialbridge said:

Wonder what that unfortunate ebay seller listed the auction as that only one person with a clue managed to find it?    "Medals"?   "Round metal things with fabric and pins"?      If he'd even put in "Purple box" in the description along with the word "medals", more than one person with a clue would have probably found it.   🤒

CavalryCombatant

Boy oh boy!  I think “okay” is an understatement!

Really well done, congratulations my friend!

Any shots of the backside of those 7th Cav Regiment DI’s?  Looks like a nice set, pin backs as well!

Your local M1 Garand
30 minutes ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

This isn't my business or place, but I have actually been extremely lucky on eBay with only me bidding. I collect Vietnam Gear, and I have gotten an ERDL uniform and a poncho liner for under $100 bucks. That is separate auctions on all of them. Not trying to create any problems, just thought I would let you know! 

Bidding is super easy when it’s just you, just like the Buy it Now listings.

USMC_COLLECTOR

Yep. My favorite is when the seller lists it wrong, so it sends people away! Maybe that's what happened with these medals?

4 minutes ago, Your local M1 Garand said:

Bidding is super easy when it’s just you, just like the Buy it Now listings.

13 minutes ago, CavalryCombatant said:

Boy oh boy!  I think “okay” is an understatement!

Really well done, congratulations my friend!

Any shots of the backside of those 7th Cav Regiment DI’s?  Looks like a nice set, pin backs as well!

Which ones are 7th Calvary?  Here are the backs of them.  Thanks

IMG_8056.jpg

Your local M1 Garand
36 minutes ago, USMC_COLLECTOR said:

Yep. My favorite is when the seller lists it wrong, so it sends people away! Maybe that's what happened with these medals?

Like when a m1 steel pot helmet is called old army helmet, usually items listed broadly like that are cheaper as well

Basic Rifleman
4 minutes ago, Thor996 said:

Gotta love dumb sellers who can't spell things right :) nice find. Good catch.

***Followed Seller***

You know...just in case:)