Captured Nazi Pistol

Ronnie

I can hear it now.....”yeah my Grandaddy took this pistol off a Nazi SS General after ambushing his Kuebelwagon.”

27CE6288-92AB-48C4-8D16-CF40EA7A0022.jpeg

USCapturephotos

Great photo Ronnie and just the type of photo I am after for my collection. Let me know if you ever decide to sell or trade as I have a lot. Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed your caption too as I have a Sauer 38H pistol with holster in my collection given to me from a photographer in the 166th Photo Signal Company. He was honest and said "no exciting story here, I just picked it up from a pile in a town after the townspeople turned them in". I cherish it just the same.

Paul

I wonder if the GI grabbed those MP44 pouches next to his right knee or the one above the German binoculars?....The German soldier in the background with the SS dot pattern camouflage looks like he has a set he's dropping off as well...Cool photo...Bodes

1 hour ago, USCapturephotos said:

Great photo Ronnie and just the type of photo I am after for my collection. Let me know if you ever decide to sell or trade as I have a lot. Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed your caption too as I have a Sauer 38H pistol with holster in my collection given to me from a photographer in the 166th Photo Signal Company. He was honest and said "no exciting story here, I just picked it up from a pile in a town after the townspeople turned them in". I cherish it just the same.

Paul

Paul I saw this photo either on this forum or Facebook. I thought it was funny because it no doubt speaks the truth of how soldiers acquired so many pistols. Thanks for your comments.

• 4 weeks later...
RANDALL 1953

My Dad was a Sgt. in the US Armies 160th Combat Engineer Battalion in WW2. He had an artillery model Luger that he took off a German officer. Some other GI stole it from him. I imagine that those are pretty expensive in today's market.