A TM manual for the AH-1G

memphismeister

Nice check list! As you probably already know, that was used in the cockpit for start up, shut down, quick reference, and also for certain emergency procedures. A very essential piece of 'equipment' that no cockpit is with out, whether assigned to a particular aircraft or an individual there is always one of these in every aircraft cockpit.

It's funny, we stll use the same checklist protectors today! A lot of the cobra's ended up in the guillotine, literally. They chopped them up into scrap. When the guard finally got rid of them, most either went to overseas sales, got a big stick up their rectum, or were destroyed.

Cobrahistorian
It's funny, we stll use the same checklist protectors today! A lot of the cobra's ended up in the guillotine, literally. They chopped them up into scrap. When the guard finally got rid of them, most either went to overseas sales, got a big stick up their rectum, or were destroyed.

There's still a stockpile of em up at Drum.

Really cool checklist there!

Jon

There's still a stockpile of em up at Drum.

Really cool checklist there!

Jon

Where? I was there a year ago February to pick up reset aircraft and didn't see any. At the airfield or elsewhere?

Cobrahistorian
Where? I was there a year ago February to pick up reset aircraft and didn't see any. At the airfield or elsewhere?

Gotta find the exact location. Don't think it is at the airfield, but all of the US Cobras went up there. Many have been either sold via FMS, but last I heard, there are still a bunch up there.

Jon

Why would they send them to Ft. Drum? The climate is terrible, and it can't be good for preserving old aircraft. I wasn't aware of any aviation rebuild facilities up there, so this just surprises me.

Like a flying time share! I'd be happy to go along for the ride, but someone else needs to drive.

No problem there, ya got three pilots on this thread already.

I'll let you and CH fly, I'd rather play gunner. I've got enough stick wiggling time. I do know a guy that belongs to a group that did buy some of these aircraft and they fly them around the country in a living display. They are painted gloss black with a big Army logo on the side.

Cobrahistorian
I'll let you and CH fly, I'd rather play gunner. I've got enough stick wiggling time. I do know a guy that belongs to a group that did buy some of these aircraft and they fly them around the country in a living display. They are painted gloss black with a big Army logo on the side.

They fly a pretty impressive display too!

I'm in! Someone get the van, lets go!

We'll have to pick up my buddy Floyd enroute though! He's bugging me to get his Snake out of that pile, and as far as I know, he's the only AH-1 AC out of all of us! I may have to fight for some front-seat time there. There's just something cool about having a large caliber weapon that follows the movement of your head.... even if the Cobra's is only a 20mm... hee heee!!! Gotta love the 30!

Jon

Cobrahistorian

We could always pull out the ammo cans and two guys could lie across the ammo bay with the doors folded down. NOT IT!

Well, I don't know about you, but there is a reason I fly hawks, If anyone else is my size, we will max gross that thing before we even get it off the ground. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like hopping airports every 30 miles to fill the tank 1/4 full. Just sounds like we will have to apprehend two aircraft now. Guess I will have to remember how to fly a real helicopter all over again, can't be much harder tha a Huey.

Cobrahistorian
Well, I don't know about you, but there is a reason I fly hawks, If anyone else is my size, we will max gross that thing before we even get it off the ground. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like hopping airports every 30 miles to fill the tank 1/4 full. Just sounds like we will have to apprehend two aircraft now. Guess I will have to remember how to fly a real helicopter all over again, can't be much harder tha a Huey.

Well SOMEONE's gotta fly the short bus! ;)

(oh no he didn't!)

... running for cover!

Cobrahistorian
Hey hey hey, we don't want to start making fun of aircraft now.... You know that I have way more about the Apache than you do about mine!

LOL... Dunno about that.... :D I've got plenty of ammo, but I also have all the respect in the world for the Hawk. Just don't back up with your 144 installed ;)

LOL... Dunno about that.... :D I've got plenty of ammo, but I also have all the respect in the world for the Hawk. Just don't back up with your 144 installed ;)

Rearward ground taxi is a prohibited maneuver.

Rearward ground taxi is a prohibited maneuver.

Ya, but the reason for that is now gone! I think we talked about it once before, I just use my finely tuned aviator skills to do anything a rearward taxi will!

Ya, but the reason for that is now gone! I think we talked about it once before, I just use my finely tuned aviator skills to do anything a rearward taxi will!

I just pick it up to a hover, consequences be damned.