possibly unmarked amico gunners wings?

donaldnol

I have a lot of W.W.2 gunner wings of different types, makes and sizes, looking at some today i have found some with the nail pins up high on the shoulder and some others mostly in the middle that kicks in my mind could upper wing be a unmarked AMICO MFG late war.

001.JPG

002.JPG

• 5 months later...
54 minutes ago, 5thwingmarty said:

They both look like the same pattern to me which is the Dondero not Amico.

Okay you missed the point what i'am trying to say if the top one not amico type why are the back pins placed so hi with little soldering and sterling mark in middle left i have three of these done in the same fashion and they aren't easy to find. and thanks for your opinion. donald

1 hour ago, donaldnol said:

Okay you missed the point what i'am trying to say if the top one not amico type why are the back pins placed so hi with little soldering and sterling mark in middle left i have three of these done in the same fashion and they aren't easy to find. and thanks for your opinion. donald

1 hour ago, donaldnol said:

if they are dondero type i can live with that. thanks marty

There appears to have been a number of production runs with this pattern.  I think I have at least one that is not pierced at the shoulders.  I would attribute the pin placement, sterling mark placement, and pin attachment type to different production runs at different points in time.  Dondero was a company that continued offering wings well after WWII.  I will try to get out my wings in this pattern and add some photos to this thread later.

3 hours ago, donaldnol said:

I hadn't noticed that the pin placement differed on these.

Here are mine. The pin back you don't see as often. Fairly common pattern with several listed on eBay at any one time.

IMG_6264.jpg.a120e91cb3f39be5f62f9f5f0aa80b45.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

3 hours ago, jeff41st said:

I hadn't noticed that the pin placement differed on these.

Here are mine. The pin back you don't see as often. Fairly common pattern with several listed on eBay at any one time.

IMG_6264.jpg.a120e91cb3f39be5f62f9f5f0aa80b45.jpg

IMG_6266.jpg

yea the long pin and roll lock is always tuff to get not like the fake one i have there's plenty to go around

001.JPG

002.JPG