Help with unknown ranks

NorBn

I got these in a lot of US military badges and patches. Ranks are not my strong side and I haven't seen anything like these before, are they military?

post-999-1235331980.jpg

I got these in a lot of US military badges and patches. Ranks are not my strong side and I haven't seen anything like these before, are they military?

The top pair of badges are for a US Army First Sergent (E8).

The bottom pair are, I believe, are 1st Sergent again with a variation of the diamond in the middle.

However, no doubt any resident US Military Rank Badges expert will enlighten us on details and styles. thumbsup.gif

Assuming the colour in your picture is off some and you referred to brown, I think the top pair are woman's from the 1950s. If they are a small size and yellow on taupe (pinkish brown) that is what they are. The bottom pair is not US Military and probably not military at all.

Assuming the colour in your picture is off some and you referred to brown, I think the top pair are woman's from the 1950s. If they are a small size and yellow on taupe (pinkish brown) that is what they are. The bottom pair is not US Military and probably not military at all.

Thanks a lot for the info.

I think the bottom pair is either military school or law enforcement chevrons. I've got lots of LE chrvrons and those things come in all sorts of stripe configurations and color combinations. Same goes for military school chevrons. Most of those old schools are closed and tracking down what color combinations and ranks were used is pretty daunting.

If that top pair is indeed on a dark brown background, I'd think they are likewise military school or law enforcement. They look way too dark to be the old females taupe uniform stripes. Looking at the photo on the computer it's hard to tell just what that background color is, but at first glance I thought they were for the female Army green service uniform.