1104th Engineer Combat Group Unit History???

tsellati

Does anyone know whether a bound book exists covering the unit history of the 1104th Engineer Combat Group? The reason I ask is because I recently acquired some 150+ Xeroxed pages of such a unit history from the University of Tennessee Special Collections Library. While the text is easy to read (and a fascinating read it is) there are many many photographs that were not well copied quality-wise.

If anyone happens to know of a source for a bound copy and/or an 1104th Engineer Combat Group map (often prepared as souvenirs after the war) I would like to acquire both. I am willing to pay top dollar for such items.

I can be contacted directly at [email protected]

Thanks for reading and I hope to hear from someone.

Tim

Tim:

James Controvich pubished a fairly comprehensive bibliography (I would guess he captured roughly 90% of the unit histories issued up until 2003) of Army & Unit Organizational Histories. There is no listing for a published unit history for the 1104th in his book. It doesn't mean there are not others out there-- especially since you have a xerox copy. If you have a title and author from your copy, your best bet-- if you haven't already done it-- would be to search the used books sites (which scan millions of titles). I like ABE books or biblio.com best. Good luck.