Help with helmet

Historycollector61

Nice front seam schlueter with OD#3 chinstraps. Nice one. The liner chinstrap with steel buckle is most likely post war from my understanding. 

On 5/21/2022 at 4:46 PM, Justin said:

Nice front seam schlueter with OD#3 chinstraps. Nice one. The liner chinstrap with steel buckle is most likely post war from my understanding. 

Yeah looks like black painted steel which would make the leather chinstrap post war.  Everything else is late WWII era and in great shape!

Fighting 69

Front seam, rough textured shell, and steel. No cracks or dings. Its a very good shell. If it isn't yours, I'd buy it!

Historycollector61
28 minutes ago, Fighting 69 said:

Front seam, rough textured shell, and steel. No cracks or dings. Its a very good shell. If it isn't yours, I'd buy it!

They where asking 190 but I passed on it as I want a front seam fixed bail

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 3:25 AM, Historycollector61 said:

They where asking 190 but I passed on it as I want a front seam fixed bail

It is a front seam helmet. Too bad, you let a good one slide at a very good price.

Historycollector61
6 hours ago, Bugme said:

It is a front seam helmet. Too bad, you let a good one slide at a very good price.

He wanted 80$ for shipping even though he was in the us would have been 270 in total

59 minutes ago, Historycollector61 said:

He wanted 80$ for shipping even though he was in the us would have been 270 in total

The shipping is odd but even so, $270 for a front seam Schlueter in that condition is a good price. 

2 hours ago, Historycollector61 said:

$80 for shipping is insanity!  It costs $25 maximum to ship an M1 using USPS.

1 hour ago, elh1311 said:

The shipping is odd but even so, $270 for a front seam Schlueter in that condition is a good price. 

Agreed, shipping is totally unreasonable but, even with that, $270 is a great price.

• 4 weeks later...
Historycollector61

I had some cash so I searched on eBay and remembered this helmet so I find where I messaged him  and he still has the helmet. Just got it for 215 with shipping 

Historycollector61

The shipping this time was 25 he said the old price was a mistake 

On 6/30/2022 at 10:45 PM, Historycollector61 said:

So everything is good except the chin strap?

Chinstrap is good, just post war.  But the answer to your question is yes!  A solid deal too if you got the shipping down to $25.