need help identifiying munition

GreenStar67

GreenStar67

First I would like to beg forgiveness if I am posting this in the wrong location, since we no longer have a 30 days and gone recent finds (a personal favorite that has been eliminated) as of lately it seems that posting in the wrong place or commenting on a wrong thread has become a source for reprimand and a good scolding at a minimum, so much so that I am almost afraid to use the forum...I digress from the topic at hand though. I have an unidentified munition of some sort that I picked up. It measures roughly 7-7/8 inches long by 1-1/2 inches diameter and weighs roughly 8 ounces it is black over-molded rubber and is heavily nose weighted. There are four stabilizing fins with what I assume to be a 1/8" diameter projecting gas port in the rear center and four additional 1/8" holes about midways up on the main cylinder of the body equally spaced - I'm not sure if these holes have a purpose? They could be for spin stabilization during flight? Maybe for smoke streamers? Maybe they were put in as a result of "de-milling"  I am not sure. There are no markings whatsoever on these munitions. I have several and they are all identical in appearance. The construction is very durable.  In advance I appreciate any thoughts on the identification.  If these turn out to not be US military I apologize profusely In advance and promise not to discuss the on this forum.

Regards

Resized_20220519_112248.jpeg

Resized_20220519_112346.jpeg

Resized_20220519_112428.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Def-Tec 37mm Chemical Agent Barricade Projectile for commercial police gas guns. The holes in the body discharge the burning agent.

Stay Safe,

Frank

F0580C73-98A8-4D99-B4E1-76A5D4ACDFF1.jpeg

0C7A2A51-9867-42A8-BB01-7A2928E0620F.jpeg

9E696437-7148-4F6E-BED6-4A6BEC06EAA3.jpeg