Please! Help about M1C liner Vietnam era in Vietnam.

Eugene Nguyen

Eugene Nguyen

- Hello everyone, I am Vietnamese and live in Vietnam, I've just collected an M1C liner made by Firestone in 1967, however it has a darker green color than any I've seen.

- I have been collecting all the military gear that the americans used in the war in my country for over 14 years and i have owned many M1 liners from infantry to paratroopers but i have never seen one such a deep green color. The suspension is not made of the same fabric, the headband attachment is made of the same fabric as all other M1 liners but the 6-pointed star-shaped top suspension is sewn with a fabric that is more than twice the thickness of the usual standard fabric. Oddly, both have a production date of "21 july 1967", both are type II and the contract code DSA-100-62-0-0122 is the same. Although the date of manufacture is the same, the dark green liner has a smaller font similar to the 1965 high pressure plastic P64 liners, while the information on the bright green cone is usually in large font than.
- I've checked the paintwork and the suspension latches very carefully, they're all original, not restored.

*Picture 1 is first, on the left is the dark green liner, on the right is the common bright green liner.

- Sorry for my poor English, I have to use translation software to communicate with you, so some words when converted to English may have wrong meanings or are difficult to understand. If there are any areas that are difficult to understand, please ask me again :) Thank you all and best regards.

TRG_0737.png

TRG_0741.png

TRG_0742.png

TRG_0745.png

TRG_0746.png

TRG_0749.png

TRG_0747(1).png

Eugene Nguyen

Anyone know why on the same day but different colors, and anyone with liner with bold color like me, please let me know :) Because I've never seen a parachute liner with such a bold color

• 2 weeks later...
Heptonic48

Probably has something to do with different helmet liner manufacturers? It's definitely original.