K.I. M4 Bayonet

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just found this on ebay. Item# 165479180871. It is a K.I. marked M4 with leather washered handle, listed as WW2. Not so much. It is a Korean Industries late 50s guard version that has been rehandled with leather washers. If someone could post  the ad it would be appreciated. Here's what to look for, and it's big!  WW2 Kinfolks M4s, had the Ordinance Bomb stamped on the bottom/ opposite side of the US M4, K.I.. This one has  the Ord bomb on the front, next to the KI, plus it has had the plastic grips removed. I know, because I have one, but w/ the correct plastic grips. Yup, last and only time I got fooled, worth the $25 I spent, because it is well made, just not original.  SKIP

This is one of the most blatant frauds I've seen so far.  I saw this last night.  It's one thing to re-handle a WWII M4, but to take a foreign bayonet and try to pawn it off as real Kinfolks M4 is truly despicable.!  The first fraud is when Korean Industries use the ordnance bomb. The second fraud is taking off the plastic grips and re-handling in leather.

Marv

dmar836- Thx for posting the ad.  Totally agree with you Marv. Collectors really need to stay on their game these days. The fakers are running rampant.  SKIP

The auction just closed.  Someone paid $310.00 for it.  I hope he doesn't show it off at the next gun show.

Marv