Hackman CIA butterfly knife

Misfit 45

Hi Folks,

I found a red handled Hackman butterfly knife for sale.  I'm not interested in discussing the CIA's connection to this knife except for the early 1960s reference.  My question involves which logo was used during the period of the early 1960s. 

There are two logo types that are in question. 

The picture with the three knives (although not legible) show the two different logo styles.

The bottom picture shows the one that is for sale, which is the style most often seen today, when this "CIA" knife is sold.

As an aside, sactroop showed the Hackman he bought in 1974 in a 2013 forum post, which has the same logo as the bottom picture.

Do you think that Hackman changed its logo during the mid to late sixties and beyond? Or were both logos used during the early sixties, the presumed time frame for CIA use ?  Which logo is older?  Thanks.

Marv

Hackman knife a.jpg

Hackman b.JPG

Bottom one is the older logo. The two top ones are more recent. They were available in Finland long after they stopped importing them directly into the US, sometimes dealers would sneak batches of them into the States after the various import bans too. Later, a company called Pertemet of Sorsakoski took over the design, and sold their version which is almost exactly the same till just a few years ago.

Edit - Fiskars also had a version made for them the between Hackman and Pertemet also.