WWI USMC Collar Disk, Crossed Rifles with MG above and EGA below question.

The Lost Cause

The Lost Cause

I recently acquired a WWI style collar disk with Crossed Rifles, with MG above and an EGA below.  I looked in Scipio's book.  It's not there, it's similar to his Machine Gun Units, on page 105, plate 11, #3, but with an EGA below the rifles.  Can anyone tell me what it is?  Thanks,  Mike Mankin  

Steve Brannan

I’ve collected WW1 collar discs for over 50 years and have never seen or heard of a disc like that. Photos of front and back please. 

trenchbuff

With WW1 disks and patches anything is possible.  Now, to find a photo of a Marine wearing it.

Look like an army infantry MG disc with the small ega soldered on. I have the same size ega on a FdG pogey rope on a WWI Marine uniform. I don't know if it follows any regulations and like Steve said I dont remember seeing one like this. 

The Lost Cause

Thank you everyone.  I appreciate the information.     

I've seen these before...some people think they may have been a badge given out at a reunion, others think they're fantasy pieces. The EGA affixed is a WWII era piece often seen incorporated in sweetheart jewelry...so no matter which camp you're in, it's not period WWI