Help IDing unit sticker tag on USAF C17

USN_USAF_RET-USA

Go to solution Solved by USMarineCorps,

USN_USAF_RET-USA

Howdy all, new at posting. This looks like the closest section to ask about this unit sticker.

I am a civie avionics tech on USAF C17 Globemasters at Altus AFB, OK. a coworker showed me this unit tag on one of our jets asking me if I knew who it was. I served in 3 branches and never seen this unit patch/sticker. Its obviously an airborne unit, the arrows make me think some special forces unit. The Roman numeral is the date 1914. I am thinking maybe Canadian or British military.

Any ideas? I used google pics but nothing came up. 

TIA, Jim

0505222129.jpg

This is just a guess but I believe MMCXIV is actually 2114.  There is an ODA-2114 of the 20th Special Forces Group that uses a similar design in their patch minus the free fall wing.

s-l1600 (4).jpg

USN_USAF_RET-USA
8 minutes ago, Tonomachi said:

Ahh, you are correct. MMCXIV is 2114. Guess I was half asleep when I looked it up. That makes sense that it could be 20SF as we do a lot of support for USASOC units. Thanks for the help.

This is just a guess but I believe MMCXIV is actually 2114.  There is an ODA-2114 of the 20th Special Forces Group that uses a similar design in their patch minus the free fall wing.

s-l1600 (4).jpg