some help finding recent army person

donaldnol

donaldnol

i have this good conduct medal that is recent with the case engraved for allan e pratt, i purchase this some years ago on bid because his first name is similar to my brother that was K I A by a I E D device. if possible could some one look this guy up. thanks

DSCN3886.JPG

DSCN3885.JPG

DSCN3884.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 6:25 PM, donaldnol said:

i have this good conduct medal that is recent with the case engraved for allan e pratt, i purchase this some years ago on bid because his first name is similar to my brother that was K I A by a I E D device. if possible could some one look this guy up. thanks

DSCN3886.JPG

DSCN3885.JPG

DSCN3884.JPG

if he could be found some how i would like to return this to him

I believe this is your guy- https://www.patriotledger.com/obituaries/patriot-ledger_cn13993959

Allan E. Pratt of Hingham, formerly of Cohasset, passed away peacefully Monday, October 25, 2021, at the age of 88. Allan, son of Alberta and Nelson Pratt, is survived by his loving wife, June, his sons, Raymond and Albert, five grandchildren, four great-grandchildren, brothers, Nelson and Donald, and sister, Marjorie, and predeceased by brothers Edward, Eliot and Richard, and sister Marilyn. After serving in the U.S. Army in Korea, Allan worked as a machinist at D.S. Kennedy Co. until he became a pilot and worked for Wiggins Airways then MIT - Lincoln Labs. A graveside service will be held at the Hingham Center Cemetery, Saturday, November 6, at 11 am. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Massachusetts Trustees of Reservations, www.thetrustees.org. Allan enjoyed walking on Trustees' land for many years. Please visit www.downingchapel.com for condolences and more information about the service and Allan's life.

image.png.f7d61978af379178315d7e797ec2bf77.png

thanks for the information on him i thought to return the medal to him but he sense past away i know his family had his medals up for bid back some years ago unfortunate this happens while he was alive.

Reminders of military service are not always happy and not always understood, especially by family members. I have had a number of people in the past tell me that they knew nothing about dad's service. He never talked about it and they never asked. If it goes up for sale or for bid, at least it isn't going in the trash.

Allan

12 minutes ago, Allan H. said:

Reminders of military service are not always happy and not always understood, especially by family members. I have had a number of people in the past tell me that they knew nothing about dad's service. He never talked about it and they never asked. If it goes up for sale or for bid, at least it isn't going in the trash.

Allan

So very true. I have had some pretty bad experiences contacting family so I basically have stopped. As I tell others dont turn over rocks as you may not like what you find. Many couldnt distance themselves fast enough from the person or his belongings. They have their reasons. 

1 hour ago, doyler said:

So very true. I have had some pretty bad experiences contacting family so I basically have stopped. As I tell others dont turn over rocks as you may not like what you find. Many couldnt distance themselves fast enough from the person or his belongings. They have their reasons. 

we were lucky some of our dads navy stuff had survived though the years his naval knives, dog tags, liberty ship tags, some ribbon bars, books ID cards lots of pictures. but both hats and dress uniform are gone with bars and shooting medals lost for ever.

32 minutes ago, donaldnol said:

we were lucky some of our dads navy stuff had survived though the years his naval knives, dog tags, liberty ship tags, some ribbon bars, books ID cards lots of pictures. but both hats and dress uniform are gone with bars and shooting medals lost for ever.

also we have his blue smock jacket and deck jacket